Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
Camelia Senensis Powder
Green tea is made with unoxidized tea leaves — all of these varieties contain antioxidants, chiefly flavonoids, a group of plant-based chemicals that have been shown to reduce coronary inflammation.
We chose this estate in particular because we visited it personally to examine the processes in how the leaves are grown. They do not use agricultural fertilizers and they own their own factory so they are able to process their own leaves and only their leaves. Typically the raw product is bought by a processor that mixes in the leaves of various estates in which we don't know the growing conditions. Additionally we liked the fact that the workers are part of a collective that are paid equally instead of per kilo that is typical in other estates.
- May improve brain function
- Increases fat burning.
- Antioxidants may lower the risk of some cancers.
- Contains healthy bioactive compounds
Here are the references we looked at to provide this information.
1. The effects of tyrosine on cognitive performance during extended wakefulness.
2. Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety and subjective stress.
3. Protective effect of l-theanine on chronic restraint stress-induced cognitive impairments in mice.
Naval Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory, Pensacola, FL, USA.
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan.
Department of Pharmacy, Xuzhou Medical College, Jiangsu, China